Thursday, September 15, 2011

The sun leapt out of the earth this morning and I missed it



The sun leapt out of the earth this morning, and I missed it. Wanted to have a few more moments of sleep. Woke up covered head to toe in a warm blanket of yellow light, seeping through my window.I guess the sun doesn’t hold grudges.

The wind kissed my head as I stepped outside, It tucked dark strands behind my left ear the way my mother use to. My mind wondered how many people have had their tears wiped away by an invisible hand, and how humans could breath with things of that nature going on every moment.

You once told me that you couldn’t see colors anymore, all the blue in your eyes had been washed out by the tears you cried while it rained so no one would notice them.

Our minds can’t take the way we’ve given our hearts away to habit. This is my prayer to the One who breathes the west wind. When the earth was thirsty You gave her a drink and we said we couldn’t see the water. Tell your angles of lighting to sock our senses back to life, carry our souls home through the winds of a hurricane. We were made stronger than we think.

I asked You this as the timeless winds of tragedy vay for our attention like a bratty child who wants you to love them. I watched wealthy businessmen walk past the homeless as they starved. I watched friends point their faces towards cell-phone screens so they wouldn’t have to pay attention to things like the sun and the starving.

I understood why she couldn’t see colors anymore.

I scatter stories like the ashes of a dead man. Maybe there’s more to life than just living? More than hurricanes and heartbreak and sleeping in. Can we change things?

I still believe that loves alive, but things like love need to be applied.

Souls faint as storms fade

The earth sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment