Sunday, September 18, 2011

I have a crush on trees

It was beautiful outside today, but after Church I found myself back inside my room. Bad decision, especially sence Summer only has a few more days left for us. The Sun said she's gonna shine whether i choose to enjoy it or not.

But it wasn’t the sun that stared me down from my window this afternoon. It was the tress and the way the light shone off of their leaves as they stubbornly held onto to the same brilliant green they sported in early may. Those leaves think that color will last forever. They swayed in the wind outside my window, showing off, flirting.

But I didn’t go out. Not this time. Don’t get me wrong, I love Summer. But she’s dying and those leaves are too.

I don’t want to get too attached to the Trees. When the cold wind creeps in no amount of determination will keep the green from turning brown. If I were to spend time with the Trees now, it would be as if a friend died instead of a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment