Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bucket List


- Photo of members of Urban light Community Church

I went to Urban Light Community church today with two girls from Cru and I head a wonderful word on 'what God whats on your 'bucket list.' He spoke about holding onto promise God made you instead of giving up on them when things get difficult or they seem impossible. It was just on time because I had been thinking a lot about discerning Gods will lately and how to know what is something that Gods wants or just something that you want.

The thing that stuck out to me is that how something being 'too much for you' to accomplish on your own is a clue that it might just be what God wants you do. Its okay to attempt the impossible. He wants to show His strength through our weakness. If you feel like you could do it without God, its probably not what god is asking you to do, its what you want to do. The other ways he said to discern gods will was does scripture back it up, as well as discussing it with a Godly person.

It made me think of my desire to work with young people. I do not know how exactly i want to work with young people. I do not feel like I have the skills or know how to do some of the things I want to do, but i feel like God has given me a heart for them. Also, I think some of the things He allowed me to deal with in my youth has given me a heart for them as well. I don't know how I can use the skills i've accrued as a journalism major to work with young people, but I know there are plenty of ways to do so. For instance, there are programs like Y-press with the Indianapolis Star and JAWS with The Indianapolis Recorder that teach young kids. But I'm thinking of taking an entrepreneurship class. I'm not sure why.

Anyways I decided to write a bucket list. I have no ideal if I will accomplish everything on this list, but it can't hurt to try. So here it is:

Graduate High School

Graduate College

Fly (in a plain)

Travel

Do something that allows me to work with young people in middle and high school.

Fall in love/get married

Have something I’ve written published (Not an article, something creative)

Have a mini library in my home (or just a large bookshelf full of books)

Publish a YA book (traditional or self, the publishing world is changing)

Maybe intern for a publishing house? (or, you know, work for one…)

Show people Gods love through the way I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment