Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jesus Music

So in church today, I watched a mostly white worship band try to play Kirk Franklin. (And they were actually really good.) But anyway, I just wanted to make a post about music. Worship music to be exact. I love music in general, and I love all types of music. So i wanted to share some little-known Jesus music or all kinds on my blog. Have a listen.


1. Gungor- You Have me.



I guess i'd classify this as folk music? I have been listening to a lot of Gungor lately. Their entire Beautiful Things CD is amazing, but this song just has my heart. Also listen to "Dry Bones" "Can not keep you" "God is not a white man" and "Beautiful Things."


2. The Washington Projects- you are beautiful



Moving on to R&B, have a listen to this beautiful song by The Washington Projects. Also listen to 'light up the dark' and 'you are my world.'


3. Gritz- ohh ahh



This Moving on to hip-hop, lets take a look at gritz! Such a good song.

4. Brooke Fraser- Love where is your fire



Moving into pop music, Brooke Fraser is awesome. Just listen.

5. The Rocket Summer- light



And now for rock, I'm kind of mad that i can't find a recording of this song on youtube except this hard to hear live version, because its a beautiful song. I'm not sure if this a a 'christen band' by definition but a lot of his songs have christ like themes in it, and this is song is amazing.

6. Tye Tribbett- Replace me



And now for Gospel, Tye Tribbett is amazing. Just listen.

7. The Arrows- Next Time



I don't really know what type of music to classify The Arrows in. But I like them. If you have't heard their song 'in the words of satan' look that one up on youtube as well.

8. Flyleaf- In The Dark



So I guess flyleaf would be considered rock, but a harder version of rock. Anyway, I love them. Their lyrics are so good. Just listen to the whole Memento Mori CD.

9. Kim Walker (Jesus Culture)- Can I have more of you



This song puts me in a good mood.

10. Phil Wickham- I will wait for you there



I love Phil Wickham. Listen to any of his song. Really, any.

11. Elevation Worship- Give me Faith



I'll leave you with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment