Friday, July 8, 2011

Books!

I did a story for the Indianapolis Reorder about summer reading and it made me want to go pick up a new book.

During the course of writing this story I also learned that, despite the fact that the first page of BlackExpressions may make it seem like African American authors only write sex-novels that take place in urban setting (judging by the covers), they actually write about a whole lot more than that.

I discovered so many mystery, adventure, memories, and science fiction book. I even found an African-American vampire series that has rave reviews. The author, Tananarive Due, has won all types of awards for her stories. I bet its better than Twilight.

My favorite AA novel I’ve read thus far is “There eyes were watching God” (Read it for school. its not about anyone watching God, but it is a good story everyone should read.)

Such diversity in African-American novels. If I really want to write fiction someday, I need to write more fiction now. If you don't force yourself to write you will never get over never ending writers block.

This is my article.

I think I will read the book by Due.



I also found this YA book, (and if I ever write a book I know it will be for a YA audience) that seems interesting. Kind of reminds me of Scott Westerfelds's Uglies series, only with Love instead of Beauty. Its not an AA book, but I think I will read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment