Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This was going to be a blog about me. Then I realized I’m not that interesting. I think I will start doing music/book/blog reviews as well. I will also post interesting things I write for classes.

But first, a tiny glimpse of my life.

1. I went to a creative writers group the other day. some people recited spoken word poetry and prose out loud as well as read from books. They meet every Monday. I think I will keep going. I also joined another group full of journalism and English students that publishes a book each year. This is their second year. The first meeting is this Saturday. I think I will write a story every month for the Ball State Daily News, but I want to focus on this now because to publish a book is a unique opportunity. I want to write YA books someday, so it would be a good first step.


2. I joined a bible study with a campus group called The Navigators. I am still in a bible study with Cru. I will not do both; I just wanted to see what else was out there instead of just sticking to what I am used to. I like the small size of the Navigators, and the people in it are really nice, but I still feel like there is something about Cru. Cru has so many opportunities to outreach and give back to the community. I know these are not the only two groups on campus, and I may visit some others. I also want to look into a christen sorroriry/fatunrity on campus called Alpha Nu Omega, but I don’t know anyone in it (except I kinda know the one person who told me about it, but haven’t spoken to her in a while…) and I can’t find any information about it. I also want to find a church in Muncie. I might wind up at The Revolution because it meets on campus. My car is in Indianapolis so I currently do not have a car to drive anywhere else.


3. The weather is already becoming kind of cold. It’s August, and this depresses me. I prefer 100 degrees to a tiny hint of cool air. Walking around campus in ice and snow is no fun. I know that in a few weeks it will be even worse, so I spent a good portion of my day laying outside on the grass, doing homework while absorbing the final bits of summer.


(this is my book for brit lit. so interesting, right? Why do I feel the need to illustrate everything)



(and this is me in the grass, reading said book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment