Thursday, August 4, 2011

The last day of my internship was yesterday. Things I still need to do:

- Write thank you letters to everyone in the office.
- Ask Erica to re-send my recommendation because it didn’t go through. (Maybe ask Jessica for one as well)
- Write 3 page assessment paper for school
- Finish article for Indiana Minority Business Magazine before next Friday and send it to Brandon.
- Put together portfolio for swingy (including updated resume)

I think, overall, my experience as an intern was good. I covered events such as Expo Summer Celebration, I had both articles and photos published and redeveloped my love for photography, I know my way around the city better (this is my first summer with a car here), I had to be responsible, and I realized that the people you work with can be kind of like a small family in an office. I got the feeling that people at The Recorder genially care about each other, and their interns as well.

Though my Internship was unpaid, Shannon decided to give me a $500 scholarship for books, which will really help when going back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment