Thursday, October 13, 2011



I support the Occupy Wall Street protest it because I know the government has been messed for a long time and the economy is getting worse. The rich are getting even more rich, and the poor are getting poor. That being said, the reason for this didn't start in wall-street. It started in human selfishness. The rich don't want to help the poor because of selfishness.

Reminds me of this quote from Blue Like Jazz:

“What I mean is, as a human, I am flawed in that it is difficult for me to consider others before myself. It feels like I have to fight against this force that, more often than not, wants to avoid serious issues and please myself, buy things for myself, feed myself, entertain myself, and all of that. All i’m saying is that if we, as a species, could fix our self-absorption, we could end a lot of pain in the world.”

I am glad people are being vocal against the problems in the world, but we also need to realize that revolution really stars from within.

You only have to look at a few of these post to see what is wrong in the world.
Still, we can't control the government. Just ourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment